In July 2013, Foresight Group became a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing. The UNPRI is a global, collaborative network of investors established in 2006. The principles set forth by the UNPRI are a set of best practices for incorporating Environmental, Social and Governance issues into investment decision making where consistent with fiduciary responsibilities.
As a new signatory Foresight will look to integrate the following principles into our investment process:
The Six Principles
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles