Reflecting Foresight's strong track record, Foresight has been awarded the management of several VCTs from their former managers, as set out below.
Albany Ventures Fund III Limited Partnership – in November 2011 Foresight Group was appointed sub-manager of Albany Ventures Fund III Limited Partnership. The partners in Albany Ventures include several blue chip institutions, such as Alliance Trust. The portfolio includes a variety of technology businesses and Foresight is focused on maximising value for institutional partners, using their extensive relevant sector expertise.
Acuity VCT 3 and Acuity Growth VCT - transferred in February 2011 and April 2011 respectively. Acuity Growth VCT was renamed Foresight 5 VCT upon acquisition.
Keydata Income VCT and Keydata Income 2 VCT - Foresight was appointed manager on 11 June 2009. The Keydata funds had financed the partial construction of a renewable energy plant in St Helens. This project had run into serious difficulties prior to Foresight's appointment. Using Foresight's experience in the environmental sector, specifically in biomass plants, Foresight invested the VCTs' resources in Withian Power, a biomass plant in Derby, which will generate electricity for sale to the National Grid. The two VCTs were merged with Foresight VCT on 1 March 2011 via a share exchange. Further information on the Keydata funds and merger is set out below.
Noble VCT - was transferred to Foresight's management in April 2008 and was later merged with Foresight 3 VCT in September 2008.
Advent VCT and Advent VCT 2 - management was transferred to Foresight in August 2004 and the funds were subsequently renamed Foresight 3 VCT and Foresight 4 VCT respectively. Foresight successfully turned around these underperforming funds and has since generated significant returns from realisations and new investments. Both VCTs aim to pay annual dividends of 5p per share or more. Reflecting its strong performance under the management of Foresight, Foresight 3 VCT plc won the accolade 'VCT of the Year 2010' at the Investor Allstars awards.
Further information on the Keydata funds and the merger with Foresight VCT is set out below.
- Announcement Keydata Income VCT 1 - 27.01.2011
- Announcement Keydata Income VCT 2 - 27.01.2011
- Foresight VCT plc- Statutory information pursuant to Section 311A Companies Act 2006
- Keydata Income VCT 1 plc and Keydata Income VCT 2 plc - Statutory information pursuant to Section 311A Companies Act 2006
- Letter to Shareholders - 10.01.2011
- Announcement Keydata Income VCT 1 - 1.09.2010
- Announcement Keydata Income VCT 2 - 1.09.2010
- Announcement 19.05.2010
- Newsletter July 2010
- Announcement 19.05.2010
- Announcement 26.01.2010
- Announcement 28.08.2009
- Announcement 11.06.2009
- Keydata Income VCT 1 Half Yearly Report and Accounts
- Keydata Income VCT 1 Annual Report and Accounts
- Keydata Income VCT 2 Half Yearly Report and Accounts
- Keydata Income VCT 2 Annual Report and Accounts
- 06/06/2013 - Evance Wind Turbines brings 24/7 electricity to Isle of Muck
- 16/05/2013 - Foresight launches its third Solar EIS Fund
- 14/05/2013 - Jenson Seed EIS Fund closes at £4.7m