Partnering With Foresight
We look to be the private equity partner of choice for dynamic and entrepreneurial management teams in the smaller company market. We offer:
- A partner with an award winning investment track record. The Foresight Private Equity team manages a number of Venture Capital Trusts of which the majority are upper quartile performers within their vintages and include Foresight VCT, which is one of the best performing VCTs by Total Return since launch. The Foresight Private Equity team has received recognition for its performance with awards including Venture Capital Trust of the Year and Venture Capital House of the Year.
- Quick, efficient and transparent investment and decision-making process.
- Flexible exit timeframe. The majority of our funds are evergreen ensuring no predetermined exit horizon.
- A collaborative approach, working alongside management teams both during the investment process and investment period to maximise value for all stakeholders.
- Particularly supportive of successful portfolio companies requiring follow-on funding to support further growth and maximise potential. Whether to support acquisitions, expand overseas, upgrade plant and machinery or develop new products and services, we've provided follow-on funding across the portfolio, including Biofortuna, The Bunker and ProCam.
- An investment team which has worked with literally hundreds of smaller growth companies across a wide range of sectors and at varying stages of development.
- With the team’s combined experience of over 200 years in private equity, Foresight investee companies can benefit from access to a huge network of contacts from a range of industries and professions.These contacts include a cadre of experienced industry Chairmen who can support investee businesses with their growth. Chairmen of current and previous Foresight investments include:
- Former CEO of Sega Europe and Founder of Virgin Games
- Former Chairman of Microsoft EMEA
- Former Executive Chairman and CEO of Maplin Electronics
- Former CIO of VISA Europe
- Former CEO of Carlton TV and Chairman of GMTV
- A partner with an award winning investment track record. Since Foresight was founded in 1984 many of our funds have been market leaders in their vintage years. Recent awards include:
- SME Deal of the Year for Positive Outcomes - East Midlands Dealmakers Awards 2014
- VCT of the Year for Foresight VCT - Finalist 2014 Investment Co. of the Year Awards,
- Private Equity Firm - Finalist in 2014 Solent Deals Awards