Foresight Group (Foresight) was awarded "Financier of the Year” at the 2014 New Energy and CleanTech awards at a star studded gala dinner in London last night.
The Judges commented: "Foresight closed a succession of deals during the year, more than two thirds of them in the new energy and cleantech space, as well as floating a new fund with 150 million pounds to invest in solar energy. The judges recognised the firm for its consistent and long-standing support of renewable energy companies and projects”.
Group highlights in the New Energy and Cleantech space for 2013 included:
• IPO of the £150m Foresight Solar Fund Limited (ticker FSFL) on LSE
• £60m index-linked Solar Bond, listed on LSE to refinance UK Solar portfolio
• Acquisition of UK’s largest operating Solar Plant, at 32MW in Wymeswold, Leics.
• Acquisition of 24MW Solar Plant in Calabria, Italy, by ForVEI
• £81 million Evermore Combined Heat & Power (CHP) transaction committing £20m of funds on behalf of the UK Green Investment Bank
• Investment consortium forged with GIB to build £48m Birmingham Bio Power renewable energy plant – first of its kind in the UK using proven North American gasification technology
• The commissioning of TEG Biogas Ltd, London’s first commercial scale Anaerobic Digestion plant on the Sustainable Industries Park in Dagenham, formally opened by Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills, Dr Vince Cable MP in April 2014
• New offices in San Francisco, CA and the Creative Quarter, Nottingham and, from 12 May 2014, The Shard, London
For further information, please contact:
Ben Thompson: Foresight Group: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)20 3667 8155
Foresight Group is a leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager, which has been managing investments on behalf of institutions and retail clients for 30 years.
Foresight has £1 billion of assets under management spread across Listed Vehicles, Limited Partnerships, Enterprise Investment Schemes (EISs) and Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs).