The Fund has a wide investment remit in qualifying businesses in the Nottinghamshire region.
Key criteria include:
Small and medium sized status
Early stage companies through to established medium sized companies.
Investment from £100,000 to £2m
Investment amounts from £100,000 to £2 million.
Flexible investment structuring
Flexible investment structuring including equity and debt.
Companies with operations in Nottinghamshire or looking to expand or relocate into Nottinghamshire.
Range of transaction types
Broad range of transaction types including: growth capital, asset finance, acquisition finance, MBO, MBI and equity release.
Most industry sectors
Investing in most industry sectors, excluding synthetic fibres and yarns, motor vehicles, steel products, transport, property and financial services.
Qualifying companies will have:
Strong and ambitious management team
Qualifying companies will have a strong and ambitious management team.
A sustainable competitive advantage
Qualifying companies will have a sustainable competitive advantage.
Qualifying companies will have operations in markets with attractive characteristics.
Clear exit plan
Qualifying companies will have clear exit opportunities.
Examples of investment opportunities:
Life sciences business in Nottinghamshire with a retiring owner
- The MD of a successful life sciences business with 50% contracted revenues based in Worksop is seeking £1.5m million to perform a management buyout from the retiring owner. The retiring owner will retain less than 20% of the business.
- Turnover of £5m and profits of £0.5m
Fast casual restaurant in Nottinghamshire looking to roll out across the UK
- A successful Nottingham-based fast-casual dining chain with 2 locations, looking for £1m to roll out the concept to 3 new locations outside of Nottinghamshire, and manage working capital
- Turnover of £1.5m, profit £0.3m
A manufacturing business in Bristol making a Nottinghamshire-based acquisition
- A manufacturing business with 150 employees based in Bristol, seeking £1.5m of investment to acquire a strategic supplier in Nottinghamshire. Acquiring the target will cut lead times on finished products to customers, and create cost savings of £0.3m per year
- Turnover £18m with profit of £3m
A start-up in Nottinghamshire looking for growth funding
- A software business with five employees based in Mansfield seeking £0.5m of investment to support expansion of the business development and sales team to three people alongside investment into the development of a new software package.
- Turnover of £0.5 million, profit breakeven